cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Issue - PC in VLAN 30 not Receiving IP Address from DHCP Server

230710sandra
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing an issue with my network configuration in Cisco Packet Tracer 8, where a computer located in VLAN 30, connected to port GigabitEthernet1/0/3 on switch SW1, is not receiving an IP address from the DHCP server located in VLAN 10, connected to port GigabitEthernet1/0/2 on switch SW1.

Network Topology:

Router (RT1):

• GigabitEthernet0/0 - connected to port GigabitEthernet1/0/1 on switch SW1.
  • Subinterfaces configured for VLANs 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 with appropriate IP addresses.
  • DHCP relay (ip helper-address) configured on the subinterfaces.

Switch (SW1):

• Port GigabitEthernet1/0/1 - configured as a trunk, carrying traffic for VLANs 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.
  • Port GigabitEthernet1/0/2 - configured as an access port, assigned to VLAN 10 (for the DHCP server).
  • Port GigabitEthernet1/0/3 - configured as an access port, assigned to VLAN 30 (for the client computer).

Configurations are attached

Thank you for any suggestions and help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your VLAN 10 interface has the same IP address as your DHCP server. Removing that IP address completely should resolve your issue. 

As a side note, if you're using a router in your network you don't need an IP address on all of the SVIs. If you want one for management purposes then stick with just having one and adding the default gateway using the "ip default-gateway x.x.x.x" command.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @230710sandra ,

what happens if you remove the applied ACL on the router

conf t

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.30

no ip access-group DHCP_ALLOW in

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello,

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately it didn't help.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

You can attach PT file here but it must be in a zip format;

Also check CLN community PT and CCNA forums at

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/communities

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/topic/0TO3i0000008jYHGAY/ccna-certification-community

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/topic/0TO6e000000WEorGAG/packet-tracer

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Hello,

I am sending my project in the attachment.

Your VLAN 10 interface has the same IP address as your DHCP server. Removing that IP address completely should resolve your issue. 

As a side note, if you're using a router in your network you don't need an IP address on all of the SVIs. If you want one for management purposes then stick with just having one and adding the default gateway using the "ip default-gateway x.x.x.x" command.

Hello,

Your solution worked. Sometimes you don't see the simplest things. So thank you very much for your help!

No problem! I think the biggest thing networking has taught me is how much attention to detail this field requires.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card