cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Snooping database question

gjsnow
Level 1
Level 1

I have DHCP Snooping configured with SG and DAI.

I have the Snooping database saved to a remote server.

Everything is working fine for the most part but I had inadvertently deleted the ip dhcp snooping vlan command from my config. Once I put the command back on, this triggered a write event for the database but the snooping database was empty now and it was written as such.

My question is: how do I get the fully populated database that I had before to be read and populate the database vice what it did do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try  renew ip dhcp snoop data url 
               url pointing to the repository containing the snooping database(tftp,scp, ftp...)

Verify with : show ip dhcp snoop data
                      show ip dhcp snoop bind

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try  renew ip dhcp snoop data url 
               url pointing to the repository containing the snooping database(tftp,scp, ftp...)

Verify with : show ip dhcp snoop data
                      show ip dhcp snoop bind

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks!!

That worked, had to delete the new database it created, that was blank, and rename the old one first.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card