cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Snooping problem

virtualpedia
Level 1
Level 1

I have enabled DHCP Snooping on all my new Cat 9300 access switches using the below commands

ip dhcp snooping vlan 100,110,120,130
no ip dhcp snooping information option
ip dhcp snooping

I then trusted the uplink interfaces that connect directly to the core.  (ip dhcp snooping trust)

The DHCP server is connected to the core, on vlan 120, and is a MS Windows 2008 R2 server

The Voice VLAN is 110, and all clients plug their computers into the computer port on the back of the phone

Everything worked fine in my testing but today there were a ton of users on various VLANs who could not get IP addresses

To resolve, I turned off snooping for all switches, and everything was fine. I turned it back on for 1 VLAN to try to troubleshoot the issue, but I did not have a problem. It was working as expected.

Can't figure this one out. Any ideas?

34 Replies 34

We are running 16.9.3 on a few 9300 stacks. DHCP and DIA seems to working as expected. After talking with TAC at Cisco Live FIGI release train is the version to be on...for now....Everest is not being actively developed. So we started testing with that when I got back. So far so good with 60ish days of use.

According to the EOL doc for IOS XE 16.6.x, 16.6 will get security fixes
until Jul 31 2021, so it sounds like a fine candidate if stability is
paramount over features.

Yes I know that is true for security issues but when I spoke to TAC at live they said they are really not doing any bug fixes or development relating to other things other than security bugs. So if you have a bug and it's not security related...very low chance it will be addressed. I have found over the years TAC to be right on where they see things headed.... 

Alright have now been testing it and 16.9.3 also solves the issue here. 

In test running for nearly 3 weeks. Production 1½ weeks now. :) 

Not seeing any issues with DHCP snooping in 16.6.6 on 9300s or 3850s. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card