Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I am studying for CCNP switching. I am trying to configure layer 3 channel between two switches in GNS3        Swich_A(Gi0/0-1) -------------------Switch_B(Gi0/0-1)  Po1 -  10.1.20.1/24                                 Po1 - 10.1.20.2/24   Even...

giacomo12 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have a cisco switch 48 port and 2 are gb ports and I have 4 servers and most of the ports are directly connected to the users i.e access port and some are going to the tp link switches(then to the users) and some are going to the printers and some ...

Tahree by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have got lots of commands under each interface of my switch. I would like to make it less cluttered using interface template.   The idea is to go to config stage shown below. The challenge is some command s are not available for template.   ! inter...

I trying to connect a Fiber using a Media converter  so the connectivity its like this   Switch (Fiber) ---- (Fiber)Media Converter(Copper) --- (Copper)Switch   I have activity in the Fiber side of the media converter but not in the switch (Fiber).  ...

Trying to figure out what traffic would be tagged in this scenario.   Let's say I have two switches trunked together with the native VLAN as 99. I also have some other VLANs configured (10,11)   SW1 802.1q trunk running PVST+ SW2 802.1Q trunk running...

I can't seem to find any information on the Nexus 5000 support of netflow. I assume that means it doesn't do netflow, but I just wanted to see if anyone could confirm one way or another.Thanks,Joe

c2jkeegan by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! trunk port

Hello,We have this network , where access points are all connected via a smallnon-cisco basic switch(in a workshop enviornment) which only seems to have basic vlan & port setting.these small switches are linked to a cisco switch , cisco end port is a...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have 7 switch 3850. the cold start time of the stack is from 7 minutes to 10 minutes (different firmware). is it possible to reduce the load time of the switches to 5 minutes (technical requirements)? Thanks.

sergey_st by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I own a Cisco switch that was given to me for free from a company that didn't need it anymore. I have set it up at home and it's software version is outdated. I have no way of registering with an "address" or any company based things as I am unemploy...

Resolved! Connecting 2 site

Good Morning, I have 2 sites that we are going to merge into 1. I am not to concerned about IP Scheme as neither site has over lapping addresses.    Site 1 10.32.24.0/21 Site 2 10.32.32.0/21   My concern is Vlans, both sites use the same vlan numbers...

stein9700 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes