and configuration level in CLI 'Textview' equal to a switch running under
iOS like a WS-C3560CX-8PC- L ? (ACL, routing, switching, security, VRF and
others services as DHCP server, NTP...)

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Nicolas GEFFLAUT

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello, 

the CBS switches are as far as I recall similar to the SG switches, they don't feature a full IOS like the 3560 switches, but rather an adapted, stripped down version of IOS. They also have commands that are not available on 'regular' IOS switches, such as smartport macros and 'bonjour' commands.

To summarize, most of the features that you would find on the 3560 switches are available on the CBS 350 as well. Below a link to the commands available:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/CBS_250_350/CLI/CLI_CBS_350_stacking.pdf

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello, 

the CBS switches are as far as I recall similar to the SG switches, they don't feature a full IOS like the 3560 switches, but rather an adapted, stripped down version of IOS. They also have commands that are not available on 'regular' IOS switches, such as smartport macros and 'bonjour' commands.

To summarize, most of the features that you would find on the 3560 switches are available on the CBS 350 as well. Below a link to the commands available:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/CBS_250_350/CLI/CLI_CBS_350_stacking.pdf

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SMB Switches are specifically manufactured for small business enterprises, but looking at the view of SOHO/ SMB market, some small Enterprise still uses them based on the requirement.

Catalyst or enterprise switches are meant to work for both Small to enterprise network-grade for all the way up.

I will look at it this way when we buy and switch :

1. what is the requirement in terms of :  ( compare SMB vs Enterprise switches) - then make a call or decision which one to buy.

— Bandwidth

— Software and features.

— Costs

- Performance

— Configuration

- Support and management  (in house experts)

Note : not that i have seen SMB switches support VRF.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card