Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference bw VSS vs Cisco Stackwise Virtual

ITexpert
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Guys, @Francesco Molino @Julio E. Moisa 

Whats the diff bw Cisco StakWise Virtual and VSS .

Thanks

22 Replies 22

Can you provide more information like what is the device model and what version of code running

can we get this information.

Also i see below

34924 unknown protocol drops

The information you provided below - the output interface you showing different.

1 1 FortyGigabitEthernet1/0/1
FortyGigabitEthernet1/0/2
2 1 FortyGigabitEthernet2/0/1
FortyGigabitEthernet2/0/2

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

BB,

Let me explain more details, previously we had a stackwise 2 switches and 2 ports of port-channel connected to vendor and upstream load-balance worked equally, but after changed stackwise virtual then 2 switches 2 ports of port-channel members only 1 is sending traffic and other one is none, so load-balance is not working on the port-channel members

Switch models and version,

Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image Mode
------ ----- ----- ---------- ---------- ----
* 1 120 C9500-24Q 16.12.4 CAT9K_IOSXE INSTALL
2 120 C9500-24Q 16.12.4 CAT9K_IOSXE INSTALL

@TM13 wrote:

* 1 120 C9500-24Q 16.12.4 CAT9K_IOSXE INSTALL
2 120 C9500-24Q 16.12.4 CAT9K_IOSXE INSTALL

What is the uptime of each switch member?  If the uptime is >6 months, I hope someone has installed the workaround for FN-72323 (Cisco IOS XE Software: QuoVadis Root CA 2 Decommission Might Affect Smart Licensing, Smart Call Home, and Other Functionality). 

Why?  Because if the workaround is not in place there will be memory leak in the "keyman" process.  

Hi

i'd assume that u r doing L2 switching over Po comprised with Fo[12]/0/12 with only few MACs visible behind Po (l.s. MAC of active HSRP, MAC of standby HSRP, finally HSRP VIP MAC) , m i correct?

in this case your Po cannot distribute traffic on egress because single DST MAC (these of HSRP VIP) in frames sent from other ports via target Po if loadbalancing is not configured with "port-channel load-balance src-mac" assuming those different SRC MACs sending traffic to single DST MACs exist in your topology.

also variations of similar situation may be applicable in your case.

br andy

Hi Andy,

Yes, actually we have changed the load-balance method but still same

ok. but what is your current l/b method & how does it match traffic pattern via portchannel (if it's not large u can try to use builtin ethanalyser)?

Currently, source-mac, but tried source-dst-mac, ip and same, all egress traffic is going through only 1 member of port-channel interfaces, and ingress is load-balanced on both members

With only info provided is a very limited screenshot, all I can say is "Cool story, Bruh".

If I was to troubleshoot something, I want the complete "sh interface <PORT>" output.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card