cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSCP Remark policed traffic in priority queue

mario.jost
Level 3
Level 3

I have following configuration on various C9200 & C9300 models with IOS-XE version 16.12.05b

table-map QOS_OUT
 map from  46 to 0
 default copy
policy-map QOS_LAN_OUT
 class QOS_VOICERTP_OUT
  priority level 1
  police cir 2952000 bc 7380
   conform-action transmit 
   exceed-action set-dscp-transmit dscp table QOS_OUT

But when i want to add this configuration to a 3850 switch with the same IOS-XE version, i get following error:

SWITCH(config)#policy-map QOS_LAN_OUT
SWITCH(config-pmap)# class QOS_VOICERTP_OUT
SWITCH(config-pmap-c)#priority level 1
SWITCH(config-pmap-c)#police cir 2952000 bc 24600
SWITCH(config-pmap-c)#conform-action transmit
SWITCH(config-pmap-c-police)#exceed-action set-dscp-transmit 0
Nov 10 12:37:48.732: %FMANRP_QOS-3-MARKDOWNCHECK: Only markdown with a table-map is supported.
SWITCH(config-pmap-c-police)#exceed-action set-dscp-transmit dscp table QOS_OUT
Nov 10 12:42:09.130:  Table-map action not allowed in police used with priority feature

What am i missing here?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/qos-configuration-table-map-catalyst-9200/td-p/4486924

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"What am i missing here?"

That different switches (especially when different "generations") have different QoS feature support (because switch QoS is also tied to hardware capabilities).

@marce1000 has provided a nice reference to help you try to work out similar results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: