Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In my nexus device i execut the command

sh ip route 166.47.101.130/32

166.47.101.130/32, ubest/mbest: 1/0
    *via 166.47.99.133, Po3, [170/52224], 4d15h, eigrp-3002, external

!

And then I do the sh ip route and get lot of ips with ( external, tag 999), my question is this Ip comes from the network and Eigrp AS, why is says external and why the 999.

In my eigrp I dont have no tag configured.

thanks.

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It looks like your nexus is learning that route from its neighbor at 166.47.99.133. How is that device configured? If you do the show ip route on that neighbor where is it learning the route from? Somewhere along that path there appears to be a device whose EIGRP is redistributing this prefix and is applying the tag.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello,

Can this tag , affect the way the eigrp route is working?

thanks.

Hi, It depends. If there are multiple points of redistribution with multiple protocols you could tag a route to prevent loop. As Rick noted, if you look at the AD for this route, it is 170, which means this is an external EIGRP route. So, you would need to go to the neighbor router and look at the distribution and figure out why the route was tagged. have a look at this post for more info on tagging: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/32191/preventing-route-looping-using-route-tagging

HTH

One more question, If I have multiple point of redistribution, and I want to know how will it converge, if I do any type of change (e.g. delay) I can I know how will it behave the network after that change?

thanks all!.

If you want to change the convergence time, you would have to change the hello and hold time for each link.  The default for LAN interface is 5 and 15. Be careful not to lower these numbers too much, as it will cause flapping with smallest change.

Here is a link on EIGRP timers:

https://books.google.com/books?id=w0UFCAAAQBAJ&pg=PA73&lpg=PA73&dq=cisco+eigrp+convergence+time+eigrp+hello+and+hold+timers&source=bl&ots=RupAkL9MYV&sig=1-DtTzEj_nIX27n3kUNq5hfFd9A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjn4vapktfMAhXITCYKHVCNAQQQ6AEIUjAH#v=onepage&q=cisco%20eigrp%20convergence%20time%20eigrp%20hello%20and%20hold%20timers&f=false

HTH

Hello Reza,

The delay was just an example, what im looking is to understand how it will converge.

thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card