Views
Helpful
Replies

err-disable

Scott_O'Brien
Level 1
Level 1

hey all,

we have a stack of 2960 s switches that over night go into err-disable state is there away to check the reason behind the port went into the err-disable state?

these switch have only just been implemented into the network. two losts of stacking were done with same config but only one stack goes into the err disable state and after being up for a whole day to me it looks like an STP issue. but i would love to be able to see what made the port go into err-disable.

thanks

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott,

Could you please paste the output of "show log " from the switch, if you havenot rebooted them yet?

Any other capture that you took while diagnosing this issue? Please paste that as well.

Cheers,

-amit singh

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott,

Could you please paste the output of "show log " from the switch, if you havenot rebooted them yet?

Any other capture that you took while diagnosing this issue? Please paste that as well.

Cheers,

-amit singh

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Usually it will tell you in the log why it put those ports into error disable.

Hi,

You can also see it by issuing this command:  sh errdisable recovery

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk621/technologies_tech_note09186a00806cd87b.shtml

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Scott_O'Brien
Level 1
Level 1

hey guys,

thanks for your help. as i didnt have eer-recovery on i couldnt use the show -errdisable recovery cmd

so i used the show log and its showed up as the port was flapping so i have changed the cable and set up err-recovery flap so if it goes down again it will come up after 300 seconds.

the odd thing is that both times it went down it went down around 5- 5:30 the first time was just after  there were installed ( finished insall at about 4 and went down at 5. second time was after being up all day come back up at 8:30 and went down again at around 5 or so.

thanks all

HI, we have just had the same problem. Every night the links would go into err disabled state. We contact Cisco and found out that the sfp modules we were using were incompatible. So they replaced them for us with ones that were.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card