Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a stack of 4 3750G which all have 24 ports.  I need to buy another switch as we are running out of ports can i add a 48 port version of the switch, or do they all have to be the same?Thanks

Hi,From the below link I could see that the switch ports goes inactive after power cycle if the management vlan is not vlan1. I would like to know will this issue happen always if the management vlan is not vlan1 or only sometimes. Or is there any pa...

Problem Desc :Port Fa0/1 on Cisco 1841 rtr is not functioning. Observation  : Line protocol on the interface always stays up irrespective of any device is connected to it or NO No  mac address is learnt.We tried connecting devices to this port viz d...

Right now I am using one router to connect all the different private IP networks in my company but now I want to use two layer 3 switches like CIsco ME 3400 for my network for redundancy Is it possible ?? I have different private network like 10.10.1...

ratotopii by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Users are reporting some lag issues when connecting to the network, upon running the sh processes command I noticed that Marvell wk-a Pow process is running at a 0.97%.I've tried to look online and on the cisco site as to what this process doe...

Hi,I'm trying to track GLBP priority much like we do with HSRP.  I understand GLPB's tracking of the AVFs but that's not what I want to do.  I want to be able to not only decide what my AVF's are but also I want to track the AVG's.  I'm not able to f...

cajalat by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.I am using dual homing for internet connection.I want to force all traffic from the LAN to access the internet via Router #1 while Router #2 is a backup.I want to track TCP port 6000 (communication between a certain host on the internet talking to...

danny4569 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there. I need some help with my issue.This is the input data for this task:We have one AS, for example, XXXX, and one subnet X.X.X.X , one router with BGP support. It is configured with two active sessions with two ISPs.Because of the  separation ...

dvrizhov by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone know how to reset the 1721 router. I bought a used one that has a enable username and password. I've been browsing the web but cant find a solution. No reset button on the outside of the router and tried using the break key as someone suggeste...

mullivar1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

rommon 16 > showmonReadOnly ROMMON version is:System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(1r) [hqluong 1r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Copyright (c) 2005 by cisco Systems, Inc.No upgrade ROMMON version presentReadOnly ROMMON currently runningReadOnly ROMMON is selecte...

Hello,Just curious if it's possible to upgrade a catalyst switch IOS from c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA13.bin     to c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA13.binin order to take advantage of SSH login, or does the switch have to be purchased with Crypto as an addon...