Views
Helpful
Replies

%error opening tftp (permission denied)

umair640
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a cisco router 2801. with ios version Version 12.3(8r)T9  c2801-ipvoice_ivs-mz.151-3.T.bin and I want to upgrade it to 15.1 for using it as cme router.because current ios not support some of command such as (crypto key). 

first of I need a suggestion for best ios for using cme. and the 2nd problem which I'm facing is copying ios to router's flash via tftp. whenever I tried to copy flash from tftp server to router's flash, it gives error like %Error opening tftp://1.1.1.2/c2801-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M12a.bin (No such file or directory) and I also tried to reverse it as transfter ios flash from router to tftp server, in this case it gives error like %Error opening tftp://1.1.1.2/c2801-ipvoice_ivs-mz.151-3.T.bin (Permission denied)

I have tried almost all of things which I know. turn off windows firewall. runnig tftp software with administrator privilege. and also adding rule in windows firewall for tftp port 69. but nothing change.

please help me in this matter.

thank you. 

31 Replies 31

malikyasir1
Level 1
Level 1

turn off windows firewall

Ali-Mohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Only change the folder in the pc which the tftp uses to another place other than C: it will be solved...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card