Views
Helpful
Replies

Error opening tftp....

taikihashimoto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Regarding tftp, I want to  "copy tftp:config run" but Error opening tftp....

I set 192.168.0.1/24 on Port1 of C2960, switch1, stand alone and 192.168.0.1 on nic on Computer that launching tftp server. Ping are successful each other.

I tried connecting other C2960, switch2 with same tftp setting via DHCP, tftp transer is successful.

I assume tftp is udp, layer4 must be on layer3 So tftp needs router?

Anyway switch1 is supposed to be problem.....

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"copy tftp:config run"

The syntax is incorrect.  It should be "copy tftp://<TFTP IP Address>/filename run".

veevekraj
Level 1
Level 1

how you can configure same ip on PC NIC and switch ! Also ip can not be configured on 2960 port because it's L2 switch.You can configure ip on virtual interface.

I did as follows:-

configure ip on virtul interface> put any port on that vlan >configure ip of same subnet in PC>connect copper cable from pc to that switch port> run tftp on PC> then execute command and give the details of tftp asked by switch. or copy tftp://tftp_ip_add/filename destination path

Yashas Bhadoria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

• TFTP— tftp: [[ // location ] / directory ] / filename
  • Use one of these privileged EXEC commands:

• copy tftp: [[[ // location ] / directory ] / filename ] system:running-config
    • copy tftp: [[[ // location ] / directory ] / filename ] nvram:startup-config

Please refer the following guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12-2_53_se/configuration/guide/2960scg/swiosfs.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: