cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel on nexus 3048TP

Nadzir
Level 1
Level 1

hello, i need help for my problem. i am trying to configure LACP etherchannel between nexus 3048TP and catalyze the 2960s, the good news i have configured the LACP on 2960 s by following the procedure from cisco.com and success. But ... in nexus 3048TP by follow Cisco Nexus 3000 NX-OS Interfaces Configuration Guide, Release 5.0(3)U3(1), I can not set channel group and channel group mode if the interface is included in VLAN access, trunk mode, or switchport trunk allowed / native VLAN.

so i want to ask is it okay if i do not set interface in trunk mode, or switchport trunk is allowed / native VLAN? it will work fine?

sh int eth1.JPG

interface information

try to config.JPG

try to config LACP but failed

regards
Nasir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thanks Eduard for your solution, i'm pleased to see your respond, but your instruction still doesn't work on my case. i'm greatfull for your explanation because it help me to analysis the prosedure to config my nexus 3048. so i have config etherchannel and success i do that without config guide, perhaps this procedure published in other subject on cisco guide but i can't find it.

To configure etherchannel on NX 3048tP.

• the first step we have to config the port-channel.
  • make sure all interfaces that we need doesn't configured vlan, duplex, interface mode, vlan ollowed/native (in this case i do default interface config).
  • after that config channel-group in every interfaces that we  want to includ in a vlan.
  • config the port channel with some spesification (this config will installed in every vlan's interfaces).
  • done

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

EduardR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think your errors appears because you are trying to modify one of the channel's port individually (int eth1/1) after you have make it a portchannel member, at that moment you need to modify the interface port-channel instead the individual ports. Can you try the configuration in this way:

configure terminal
 interface port-channel 3
 interhace ethernet 1/1
  switchport mode trunk
  channel-group 3 mode active
 interface port-channel 3
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 18

thanks Eduard for your solution, i'm pleased to see your respond, but your instruction still doesn't work on my case. i'm greatfull for your explanation because it help me to analysis the prosedure to config my nexus 3048. so i have config etherchannel and success i do that without config guide, perhaps this procedure published in other subject on cisco guide but i can't find it.

To configure etherchannel on NX 3048tP.

• the first step we have to config the port-channel.
  • make sure all interfaces that we need doesn't configured vlan, duplex, interface mode, vlan ollowed/native (in this case i do default interface config).
  • after that config channel-group in every interfaces that we  want to includ in a vlan.
  • config the port channel with some spesification (this config will installed in every vlan's interfaces).
  • done

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card