csaravanan-sym
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a simple etherchannel configuration

I configured ports gi 0/2/1 and gi 0/2/2  as channel-group 21 mode active

and then configured int po21 as trunking

The ports gi 0/2/1 and gi 0/2/2 got the config from int po21

when I then add gi 0/2/3 as channel-group 21 mode active, it doesnt receive the  int po21 trunk configuration

Is there a procedure to add an additional port to existing etherchannel

Thanks,

Chandru

3 Replies 3

manju.cisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Chandru,

Once Etherchannel is created and bundled with the  ports; any configuration applied to the etherchannel shall propagate to  the bundled ports; however any configuration applied to the physical  interfaces affects only that physical interface, it doesn't inherits the  configs from the etherchannel  when applied channel-group command

So, you have to manually configure the physical port w.r.t the configs of the etherchannel

Hi,

If you shutdown the port-channel and un shut the port-channel the configurations will get synced.

However this requires down time.

Ideally for formation of port-channel all the interfaces should have identical configuration, and once the interfaces are mapped under the port-channel group all will be in down state.

Once the port-channel is up, then all the interfaces becomes up, and gets bundled to form a port-channel.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Somu

Pls rate helpful posts

smogra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Either shut down the portchannel and do a no shut again.

Or try removing the configs and putting them again on port channel. When the configs will be put on the Port-Channel 21 interface, all  interface members of the channel-group will be removed from the group,  configuration will be applied then will be re-added to the channel-group.

But as Somu mentioned, please make sure that the new interface meets t\all the basic criterias to join the port channel.

Cheers

Sweta

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card