cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FAN PS faulty?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have two WS-C3750X-24T-S connected in stack , when i typed show env all i got "FAN PS-2 is FAULTY" as following

FAN 1 is OK
FAN 2 is OK
FAN PS-1 is OK
FAN PS-2 is FAULTY
SYSTEM TEMPERATURE is OK
System Temperature Value: 26 Degree Celsius
System Temperature State: GREEN
Yellow Threshold : 46 Degree Celsius
Red Threshold : 60 Degree Celsius
SW PID Serial# Status Sys Pwr PoE Pwr Watts
--- ------------------ ---------- --------------- ------- ------- -----
1A C3KX-PWR-350WAC XXX OK Good Good 350/0
1B C3KX-PWR-350WAC XXX OK Good Good 350/0
2A C3KX-PWR-350WAC XXX OK Good Good 350/0
2B C3KX-PWR-350WAC XXX OK Good Good 350/0

SW Status RPS Name RPS Serial# RPS Port#
-- ------------- ---------------- ----------- ---------
1 Not Present <>

im not sure which switch is "FAN PS-2 is FAULTY" refer to , is it switch 1 or switch 2? also is it serious does it warrant a PS repalcement?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's a known bug: CSCuo97298
I'd upgrade the IOS, like 15.0(2)SE11, and see if it's made any difference.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Normally this output wlll come from the master in the stack; to verify the other switch's health issue session 2

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

issue "session 2" alone? or after some command? can you show me the full syntax?

also does this problem warrant a rma? is it serious ? can it be resolved by removing and inserting the psu?

If the switches are stacked, it should display something like this

Switch 1 FAN 1 is OK
Switch 1 FAN 2 is OK
Switch 1 FAN 3 is OK
FAN PS-1 is OK
FAN PS-2 is OK
Switch 2 FAN 1 is OK
Switch 2 FAN 2 is OK
Switch 2 FAN 3 is OK
FAN PS-1 is OK
FAN PS-2 is OK
Switch 1: SYSTEM TEMPERATURE is OK
Switch 2: SYSTEM TEMPERATURE is OK

This clearly shows you each psu and fan per switch and no need to use any other command.

So, I am thinking that this may be a bug in the version of the software you are running where it is not displaying the output from both switches.  What version of IOS are you running? Can you upgrade to a newer version?

There may be nothing wrong with the PSUs and FANs as all 4 PSUs are fine but rather a cosmetic bug.

HTH

it is WS-C3750X-24 with version 15.0(2)SE10a 

actually i have many customers with the same output and im using the following
WS-C3750X-24T-S with Version 15.0(2)SE10a
the faulty message wasn't showing three months ago not sure what happened now and even the image was the recommended image until just recently

It's a known bug: CSCuo97298
I'd upgrade the IOS, like 15.0(2)SE11, and see if it's made any difference.

i had the same problem after upgraded to new os .is this really problem ? should i forget this bug ?

- No real problem but stll bug (bug-affirmative).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce1000,

I think this is problem that may affect to function in a system OS , because this bug has leve 3 severity (moderate ) , not cosmetics severity .

Please refer below severity table :

Bug Severity Level Description
1 Catastrophic
Reasonably common circumstances cause the entire system to fail, or a major subsystem to stop working, or other devices on the network to be disrupted. There is no workaround.

Example: Router crashes when you enter the isdn bind-l3
iua-backhaul dpnss command.
2 Severe
Important functions are unusable, and there is no workaround, but the other functions and the rest of the network operates normally.

Example: IP helper addresses are ignored.
3 Moderate
Things fail under unusual circumstances, or minor features do not work at all, or things fail but there is a low-impact workaround. This is the highest level for documentation bugs.

Example: LAT does not work unless you have an IP address on the interface.
4 Minor
Things fail under very unusual circumstances, but operation essentially recovers without intervention. Users do not need to install any workarounds, and performance impact is tolerable.

Example: The first segment for each TCP connection is always
retransmitted.
5 Cosmetic
The defect causes no real detrimental effect on system functionality.

Example: The word "connection" is incorrectly spelled "conection" in a display.
6 Enhancement This represents a request for new functionality or for an improvement to a feature that is currently offered.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card