cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fatal error on an SRW2048

sgsignage
Level 1
Level 1

I recently bought a Cisco/Linksys SRW2048 switch off eBay. It seemed to be working fine (as a switch) but I didn't know the admin password, so I reset it. Then I rebooted the switch and now it won't boot up fully anymore anymore - it's stuck in a loop. Part way through booting, I get this:

HW version is 00.03.00

Base Mac address is: 00:18:f8:12:c2:40

Dram size is : 64M bytes

Dram first block size is : 46080K bytes

Dram first PTR is : 0x1300000

Flash size is: 16M

01-Jan-2000 01:01:07 %CDB-I-LOADCONFIG: Loading startup configuration.

01-Jan-2000 01:01:09 %ERHG-F-SEND: BOXP_perform_smi_scan_of_devices_in_slot: invalid device type is found: 268374443 on device 0

***** FATAL ERROR *****

Reporting Task: ROOT.

Software Version: 1.2.1 (date 15-Jun-2006 time 16:12:56)

Here's a little more info on the switch:

BOOT 1.0.0.04 Built 08-Sep-2005

HW 00.03.00

SW 1.2.1 15-June-2006

I was going to try and re-flash the firmware (as suggested on some forums that I've seen), but I don't have any firmware files. Links that I have that point to the places on Cisco's site are dead. I requested a file from Cisco and this was their reply:

In order to download software from Cisco's software download center, your product must be covered under an active service contract that provides access to download Software. Hardware and Software warranty do not provide access to software download.

I reviewed the information you provided and have determined that the product you are trying to download software for (RJT00FA00767 ) is not covered under a service contract.

Please contact your Cisco Services Representative (partner, reseller, or Cisco Service Account Manager) to purchase a service contract that provides access to software downloads and upgrades for this device.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or the firmware files they would like to share?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

sgsignage
Level 1
Level 1
I'd be happy if someone could just send/post firmware for the switch. I think that would take care of the problem.

unfortunately no one would be allowed do that its protected by copyright laws could be prosecuted if they posted it here for another user
There is strict rules regarding sharing software like that

Crap. OK. I didn't realize that.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card