Views
Helpful
Replies

FEX Uplinks in errdisable state

SuhaibElziq
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

We have a setup of C6800 VSS cores with C6880 ia FEX switches, 2 days ago one of the  the uplinks connected from Fex to VSS core became on err-disabled state from the Fex side.

So how can I access the Fex tengig interfaces ? 

And is there any way to fix such issues, since we can not access the Fex tengig interfaces from the VSS core and the config mode is not available while the switch is participating in the Fex mode.

Note: I have tried to recover the err-disabled ports but this did not help, so I had to install the SFP to another port

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

benoit.baudin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi SuhaibElziq,

I have exactly the same issue, after a wrong connection of a twinax gbic, my two TenGig uplink interfaces was on err-disabled.

I lookup lot of subject to find solution but no response without reload.

Do you found solution for this problem ?

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Benoît

Hello

What are the interfaces going into a err-disable state, If they are HOST interfaces then they will err-disable as they are designated to be edge ports and dont expect to see another switch or device running stp

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the message. The port in err-disable is the Uplink port (Fex Port) between the C6800IA and WS-C6504-E.

This ports is not visible as an interface on "show interfaces status" on the WS-C6504-E.
The only solution to see this interface, is to connect on this fex (attach fex-id XXX) and get on it an "show interfaces status".
But on a FEX, impossible to pass on "configure terminal" to do a "shut / no shut" on the interface.

This err-disable was appear after a missed connection on a TwinAX Gbic (SFP-H10GB-CU5M) between two ports on the same switch "duplicate vendor-id" :

%PHY-4-MODULE_DUP: SFPs in Te2/0/1 and in Te2/0/2 have duplicate vendor-id and serial numbers (FEX-0-2)

We need to find a solution te reset this err-disable without reload the fex if possible. Hope Cisco has thought about this kind of problem.

Hope to be clear and Understandable. :)

Have a good day.

Benoît

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card