cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fixing (determining) the speed based on the subnet, this for building tower customers

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Dears;

I am the service provider for the Internet and the network for the customers in the Tower, and one of the most important important requirements is to give dedicated bandwidth for a subnet, for example the customer at floor 20, they need a 2 Mbps for voice and 2 Mbps for data (this to access the Internet).

I was thinking if possible to determine the speed for each interface (or sub interface), but I do not know if it is possible. Otherwise, what is the best solution to shape (to give dedicated bandwidth) based on the subnet (and hence the sub interface)?

Regards

Bilal

Regards

Bilal

3 Replies 3

AhmedSonba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello There

You achieve the required bandwidth allocation by policing based on an access list that you can assign for each subnet you give to your customer .

Please check the below links for more information on how to do policing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/qcfpoli_ps1835_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1006372

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_tech_note09186a00800feff5.shtml

Hope this will help

Ahmed Sonba

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Dear Ahmed;

This can be used for upload traffic, but it does not work fine for download traffic. Do you have any specific method for download (and to be a successful practical method)?

Regards

Bilal

Hello Bila

You can set up your Policing QoS on the following

access-list 1 permit ip any 1.1.1.1  Subnet 1

access-list 2 permit ip any 2.2.2.2 Subnet 2

class-map subnet 1

match access-group 1

class-map subnet 2

match access-group 2

policy-map ISP Limit

class subnet 1

bandwidth [rate]

police [the rate limit] exceed-action [drop]

class subnet 2

bandwidth [rate]

police [the rate limit] exceed-action [drop]

Than you will need to bind it to the output of the interface towards the up stream

interface fastethernet 0/1 " up stream interface

service-policy out ISP Limit

Hope it will help

Ahmed Sonba

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card