Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, we have the following problem with the RPS 675:  when power is cut to a switch (I've tried with 3750-48 and 3750G-24), the RPS successfully begins supplying power to the switch with no loss of service.  However, when power is restored to the m...

ippolito by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Cisco Experts,I would like to ask your help on how can I check if our current infrastructure is enough to support our new system. Please see current structure below.We have 2 IDF to support users from production area on 1st floor. Since we migra...

Hi EveryoneI have a requirement where in I need to provide 6-7 network points on each floor of a 12 four building.I am thinking to place a   48-port access switch so that it can provide connectivity to 6 floors. Is this good approch considering it wi...

Resolved! CRC on ethernet

Dear friends,while analizing a packet capture, i was wondering on what fields the FCS uses to get CRC. some places tells that it gets the whole frame, even preamble, others just say that it just calculates using only the data.regards,

HelloCan someone help me explain the output of sh spanning-tree int gi 1/2I have an output here which is confusing interface GigabitEthernet1/2 no switchport trunk native vlan tag switchport private-vlan host-association 958 2958 switchport mode priv...

chandu.84 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Could anyone please explain me this route reflector rule, that states: a route received from a non-client router is not forwarded a client router.What could be its purpose ? Loop prevention is managed by different attibutes so... I cannot think...

I've problem with port-channel.The link between WS-C4507R-E and WS-C3508G-XL is a port-channel, and configuration is the following.WS-C4507R-Einterface GigabitEthernet1/10switchport access vlan 166switchport mode accessload-interval 30channel-group 1...

hi everybody.Another weird scenario, I hope you guys can help me with that. ( access switch)---trunk----Distribution sw ------distance 40 miles------Core switch       Our design requires distribution switch should be connected to core switch using et...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I was wondering what standard procedure was with regards to switch management VLANs.i.e. I have created an out-of-band vlan on a series of switches for the purpose of management.I have spare interfaces on these switches. Do I go ahead now and ...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes