Views
Helpful
Replies

getting a spantree block on cisco 4510 when plug in rj45

robertkwild
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi all,

keep on getting this error when i plug in a cable into my cisco 4510 to another cisco 3850 switch

i have untagged it ie made it into an access on both switch ends on vlan 250

*Mar 12 10:51:17.586: %SPANTREE-7-RECV_1Q_NON_TRUNK: Received 802.1Q BPDU on non trunk GigabitEthernet1/1 VLAN250.
*Mar 12 10:51:17.586: %SPANTREE-7-BLOCK_PORT_TYPE: Blocking GigabitEthernet1/1 on VLAN0250. Inconsistent port type.
Switch#

cheers,

rob

26 Replies 26

ok, nice one mark,

atm only vlan 250 can see it and ping it,

i will make it into a trunk as atm its only an access so only vlan 250 can see it

Marks, suggestion worked

switchport mode trunk
spanning-tree link-type point-to-point
switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,110,130,170,240,250

Hello

@robertkwild wrote:

Marks, suggestion worked

Hasn't this issue been resolved then ?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

think i have found my problem,

by default the management vlan is vlan1 so i need to do a #shut on int vlan 1

Hello

@robertkwild wrote:

hi all,

i have untagged it ie made it into an access on both switch ends on vlan 250

*Mar 12 10:51:17.586: %SPANTREE-7-RECV_1Q_NON_TRUNK: Received 802.1Q BPDU on non trunk GigabitEthernet1/1 VLAN250.
*Mar 12 10:51:17.586: %SPANTREE-7-BLOCK_PORT_TYPE: Blocking GigabitEthernet1/1 on VLAN0250. Inconsistent port type.

When you say youve " unttaged it" what do you mean by this, this stp inconsistent error probably indicates the the access port is on vlan 250 but its receiving  a tagged vlan id of another vlan basically stating one end is in a trunk and the other is an access port.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

mmm...

ok i can ping it on the vlan 250 subnet ie when i telnet into another switch on the 250 subnet and on that switch ping it

but i cant ping it from my pc which is on a vlan 170

i have given the 4510 a default gateway so i should be able to ping it?

Hello @robertkwild ,

mmm...

but i cant ping it from my pc which is on a vlan 170 <<  if your pc is connected on switch that has just vlan 250 allowed, you cant do it.  

Which switch and which vlan is connected your pc?

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

my pc is just untagged on 170 not 250

but i have another cisco switch untagged on 250 and i can ping that

Hello @robertkwild 

my pc is just untagged on 170 not 250 <<  OK, on switch that your pc is connected, his trunk port, it is allowed vlan 170?

Because, erlier we just allow vlan 250.

If possible, could you provide a simple topology about your network, will help us to enderstand better your doubt.

but i have another cisco switch untagged on 250 and i can ping that

Jaderson Pessoa

ok i will draw a diagram and get back to you about this

just a thought, instead of adding an #ip default-gateway 10.110.250.1

shall i add a route command

but i thought you only add route commands to the core switch that you want to talk to the firewall/router?

Hello,

Who is the gateway of your network for vlan 170?  e.g: 1.1.1.1 

Your laptop need the same gateway on his configuration.

The ports between switches (backbone), are configured as trunk and allowed the vlans between them?

Does switch port has a properly vlan configured?

the default gateway on your device wont resolve your problem in this case. Because the default gateway will use for the own switch not for your laptop.

Jaderson Pessoa

sorry for double posting as this went in the middle of the post but so no one could see its a new reply...

think i have found my problem,

by default the management vlan is vlan1 so i need to do a #shut on int vlan 1

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card