Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I'm stacking 6 switches this weekend but switch 1 and 6 are far apart so that I can't close the loop with the 50 cm stacking cable. Would the stack still come up as normal until we order a long enough stacking cable?   Thanks

NETAD by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. I'm trying to setup a Port-Channel (or EtherChannel) between my ASR 1000f Router and 3570X Switch.I need to pass VLANs 10,20,30 & 40 over the Port-Channel (This is why I set the Switch ports as Trunks) Need to confirm if this is the correct ap...

Hello,I've configured NAT, but it is not working.Could you tell me what is wrong with my configuration? -------------------------------------------------------------------------! !upgrade fpd autoversion 12.4service timestamps debug datetime msecserv...

domcia339 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X models provide Layer 2 switching and have one fixed power supply with an external redundant power supply. They provide 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet wire rate ports, PoE/PoE+ support, and four 1G Small Form-Factor Pluggable (...

Hi, everyone! Is it reasonable to use SF-300 switch as DHCP server in each subnet of an enterprise network? ( A ten-floor building and each floor is assigned to one subnet)I'm actually a little concerned about this device whether it functions as DHCP...

azi123 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Folks,   I see that there are 4 tunnels build with different sources (loopbacks) but to the same destinations. Second thing is that tunnel interfaces are part of vrf but loopack interfaces are not. Third, tunnel protection ipsec profile is used un...

I'm working on a QoS strategy where I need to trust the DSCP value coming from the PC.  However the PC is plugged into the PC port of a Cisco IP Phone.  I know by default Cisco IP Phone mark VoIP traffic with the correct DSCP values.  So I want to us...

Jthind by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have a Catalyst 3560g switch that has a outdated firmware and we would like to upgrade it. The current version is 12.2(35)SE5. Can I directly upgrade to the latest version? or we have to install them one by one?   Thanks

CDP

Dears When i check on switch  Switch#show cdp neighbor At that time it shows a lot of neighbor on one port Like on F0/24 It shows a lot of neighbor Why this is shows lot of neighbor How i will find out which is actual neighbor of that switch

Has anyone setup basic LAM (Local Area Mobility) I have read a few different white papers on the setup and tried it in a lab with no success at all.I've set ip mobile arp on the interface and enabled proxy-arp on it as well. I went ahead and setup re...