Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-SX-MM & GLC-SX-MMD SFP cards

lerner cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to know GLC-SX-MM and GLC-SX-MMD can be used to connect between two switches are these SFP compatible each other to form trunk

I have core switch with existing  GLC-SX-MM SFP transciver , I am ordering new switch with SFP   GLC-SX-MMD   as cisco announced end of sale GLC-SX-MM SFP , would like to know one end is GLC-SX-MM and other end GLC-SX-MMD   com[atiable ???

SW1 < --------------------------------------------------------------------------> SW2

GLC-SX-MM                   trunk                                             GLC-SX-MMD

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

aukhadiev
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, of course, they can interact with each other...

GLC-SX-MMD is the same 1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module (MMF, 850nm) as the GLC-SX-MM.

The only difference is the presence of future DOM (Digiatal Optical Monitoring) in GLC-SX-MMD...

View solution in original post

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

GLC-SX-MMD=

1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module for MMF, 850-nm wavelength, extended operating temperature range and DOM support, dual LC/PC connector

GLC-SX-MM=

1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module for MMF, 850-nm wavelength, dual LC/PC connector

Yes they are compatible between each other.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html

HTH

Regards

Inayath

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

aukhadiev
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, of course, they can interact with each other...

GLC-SX-MMD is the same 1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module (MMF, 850nm) as the GLC-SX-MM.

The only difference is the presence of future DOM (Digiatal Optical Monitoring) in GLC-SX-MMD...

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

GLC-SX-MMD=

1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module for MMF, 850-nm wavelength, extended operating temperature range and DOM support, dual LC/PC connector

GLC-SX-MM=

1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module for MMF, 850-nm wavelength, dual LC/PC connector

Yes they are compatible between each other.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card