Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global command on version 9.2

Hello, im getting started with ASA and i have a concept problem or a version misunderstanding.. i have an 8.2(5)  and i have this on my NAT:

global (outside) 101 interface

Now im working on a new ASA migrating all the configs, but i can't find the way to write this command on the new ASA 9.2(2)4

I hope you can help me and sorry for my lack of knowledge on this matter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco made big changes in the way that NAT is configured beginning in version 8.3. So you have the earlier syntax on your existing ASA and need the new syntax on the new ASA. It would look something like this
nat (inside,outside) after-auto source dynamic any interface

Be aware that there were also major changes in the way that access lists are configured. So if there are access lists in your existing config you will need to be careful in how you adapt them for the new ASA.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco made big changes in the way that NAT is configured beginning in version 8.3. So you have the earlier syntax on your existing ASA and need the new syntax on the new ASA. It would look something like this
nat (inside,outside) after-auto source dynamic any interface

Be aware that there were also major changes in the way that access lists are configured. So if there are access lists in your existing config you will need to be careful in how you adapt them for the new ASA.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Ok, thanks i will be working on that and let you know.

May i ask you another question?

if i had:

nat (wlan) 101 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 

now i should enter: 

object network wlan

subnet 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0

nat (wlan) dynamic interface

You are on the right track. It probably would look more like

nat (wlan,outside) after-auto source dynamic wlan interface

It looks like you are using wlan as the name of an interface and also as a name for a subnet. I might suggest that you create unique names to remove any ambiguity about what you are referencing.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Ok, i will do it.

Thanks a lot! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card