cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hard Reboot does NOT fix the problem, have also reset to factory settings and NOTHING

Steveosh72
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded a C2960X-48-FPS-L switch to the latest IOS and get this error. I uploaded different IOS and same error. I factory reset the device and same error.

extracting front_end/front_end_ucode_info (43 bytes)
Software version is different so extracting
the whole bundle

%ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. This product may contain software that was copied in violation of Cisco's license terms. If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet. Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.

5 Replies 5

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

This could be a bug, but I did not find one.  I would try downgrading the switch to the next version below.

it is a bug, but i have down graded several times, and factory reset to defaults. and no matter which IOS i have on it now it always comes up with the same error

-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. This product may contain software that was copied in violation of Cisco's license terms. If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet. Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.

Did you delete the new IOS from flash? Verify that the old IOS is booting? Just making sure.

yes, apparently there is a patch type thing that will fix this. it was a bug with the original IOS that was installed when it was manufactured.

just waiting for where we bought our switches to relay this patch  or fix.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Raise a TAC Case.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card