cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hello! Internet works only on one device out of 3

mxl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! The Internet works only on one device out of 3, in the manual I can’t find out about it! I would be glad to advice on my question.

my switch cisco sg250-08

Thank you

mxl

38 Replies 38

Hello

@mxl wrote:

I need the Internet to be on regardless of whether my main computer is on or off.

Well then ICS would not be applicable unless your willing to keep the "ICS server" active just like you would for a router.

So as others have already stated you would need to a routed device that supports NAT, your SG250 does support basic routing however it seems it doesn't support Network Address Translation (NAT)

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello!

I looked at how much the device that I need (level 3) costs, it is more than $ 1000, so as you said, I can use a computer as a router, I will buy another computer and it will distribute the Internet through my switchsg250 to my entire network! Thanks for the advice!

Sincerely,

mxl

Hello,

what device(s) are you looking at ? $1000 sounds very excessive, you can get a decent Internet router for about 100 or 200 dollars.

Which country are you in ?

Hello! 

in Amazon or Ebay, that device level 3 cost over $1000

i need level3(with NAT) device for my net

Sincerely,

mxl

Hello,

do you have a link to the webpage displaying what you are looking at on Amazon/Ebay ?

Hello,

do not buy that device, it will be a waste of money. It is a switch, not a NAT capable router. 

I suggest to go to a local store and let them advise you what you need. Who is your ISP, and what country are you in ?

Hello 

Looks for something like a cisco 1921 which should be applicable and wont cost a lot either, but  please note that they will be cisco EOL 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

If you do not like to spend money, then look Mikrotik or Pi router :

https://www.zahradnik.io/raspberry-pi-as-a-home-router

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card