Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[HELP PLEASE] which switch to use?

Hi

here is the topology of our future network,

we want to implement a core switch which will lead the others switches in different level in our building,

we have  75 users and we have VOIP and two servers,

the problem is that i can't choose between the 3 switches that i have front of me :

th C3750X and the C3560X or The C3650 for the core switch

the existant switches are enterasys and we want to implement the cisco switch with them. (VOIP, and data, want also know if the intercation between enterasys and cisco is possible (VLANS,VOIP))

Architecture

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would use the 3650. It's the most modern switch from the ones that you have available and later you could stack the switch with another 3650 to get more redundancy.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

I would use the 3650. It's the most modern switch from the ones that you have available and later you could stack the switch with another 3650 to get more redundancy.

thanks that was my choice but ,the performances are the same ?

Can i use it with enterasys PoE for VLAN interaction and VOIP without problem ?

DJX995
Level 3
Level 3

The 3750X also supports stacking.

I have used the 3750 series switches for quite some time and I'm very happy with them.

However, in reality, it will come down to bandwidth, features and price.

The 3650 can be used as a Cisco Wireless controller as well so that's cool.

The 3650 also has a slightly better forwarding rate and switching capacity.

However, the 3750X is not too far behind and it probably cost quite a bit less.

If price is no option, then the 3650 would be a great fit.

There is also the newer 3850 switch but it has specs that closely match the 3650.

The only plus I can see for the 3850 is it has a considerable increase in stacking bandwidth.

That would come into play if you need to stack more 3850s together to give you more expansion.

Can i use it with the entersys switches  without VOIP and VLAN problems ?

Enterasys?  Are you serious?  cheeky

You're asking Enterasys questions in a Cisco forum?  FAIL.

of course !

We want to change the enterasys to cisco after 3 years(they are an existing switches), so my question was about the possibility of making those enterasys switch working with the futur cisco core switch until we change them(VLAN and VOIP)

I've never heard of that company before but as long as they are standards compliant, they should still work.

This would also depend on it you have setup the network to be standards compliant and not proprietary.

For example, for VLANs to work across vendors, the IEEE created 802.1Q.

As long as a switch is 802.1Q compliant, VLANs will work.

Ok thank you very much i think they have standards this kind of switches belong now to extreme networks, and i'm sur they are not as good as cisco switches, and we will change them  soon.

thank you very much for helping me.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card