cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Various Errors on Port Channel

mctiesman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a port channel setup with each of the member ports reporting various errors.  Here is what I have for each port using the show int counters errors command:

Port        Align-Err     FCS-Err    Xmit-Err     Rcv-Err  UnderSize  OutDiscards

Gi1/0/1             0        1582           0        1582          0      1637667

Port      Single-Col  Multi-Col   Late-Col  Excess-Col  Carri-Sen      Runts     Giants

Gi1/0/1            0          0          0           0          0          0          0

Port        Align-Err     FCS-Err    Xmit-Err     Rcv-Err  UnderSize  OutDiscards

Gi2/0/1             0        4456           0        4456          0      2704033

Port      Single-Col  Multi-Col   Late-Col  Excess-Col  Carri-Sen      Runts     Giants

Gi2/0/1            0          0          0           0          0          0          0

This port channel is an uplink to another switch.  Can someone help me figure out what might be the issue in relation the errrors being displayed? Thanks!!

Regards, Mark
4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like a physical issue , try changing the media in the path between those 2 devices.  Are these gig links or lower speed ?

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

I'm with Glen. FSC errors are Frame Check Sequence errors - these usually indicate bad cabling. if these are 1 gig ports, change your cabling to Cat5E at minimum (Cat6 is better) and check your termiantions etc if they're punch panels.

Cheers

Excellent. I figured it would be something easy. Thanks for the replys.

Regards, Mark

If Gig 1/0/1 is copper, then run a simple TDR

Post the output of the command "sh cable tdr int Gi1/0/1" if you want some assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card