Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Help me pls,Clients cant connect any more to pop.gmail.com/995, at the same time from another vlan the same network, connection can be established without any problem(from Windows server). Clients can connect to other mail servers on port 995 or 587 ...

Hello Community!   We got a really strange problem here. We've got one cisco ESW 520 switch and one HP. Whoever's connected on the ESW switch cannot connect to pop.gmail.com port 995. Everything else is OK! Internet, pings, whatever. ONLY cannot acce...

milkboy33 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,If any one using the new SUP-2T , Pls help me to clarify one query..If we are using the new SUP-2T in VSS mode, will the new ASA service module and NAM-3 are supported..? From Cisco site, ASA module FAQ: Q. Will the ASA Services Module support th...

sudheer by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I'm studying for my Route exam and have big problems with the 'ip default-network' command. I read the following link that describes the command very well: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094374.shtmlI bui...

Hello,Really been quite a while i stopped working much into switching side. I was just brushing up the concept & had a question on the attached topology. I have a task to run in backbonefast on this network.Assuming that there is a failure on my prim...

We have a couple of 3750 switches which carry vlan 238 and they are connected together with a trunkA host on that subnet is sending out multicast group 239.252.255.26 as a status messageWe have igmp snooping enabled on vlan 238and if I do show ip igm...

jschweng by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3925. I have one int on the same subnet as our internet connection (gi0/1) and one on the subnet for our local traffic (gi0/2) and an ip route for that to get out. The problem I am having is that it is not routing the local traffic to the ne...

My main concern is security; so I got in one of my routers a new IOS ver (c-2600-advsecurityk9-mz)..... and here is where I need some help... I like to know how could I use this IOS ver. to secure my network......  I get internet through a cable comp...

Hi, all expert.I am kind of a new person to learning the QoS.queneing kind of confused me. (WFQ, DWFQ, CBWFQ, WRR....)Tried to learning on our lab but some switch/router has that CLI , some doesnot.Is there any CLI can show what queue the current swi...

Is L3 ip routing on by default in 3550s?  If so is the "ip routing" command visible in the config file?  If no - I assume that one would enable L3 routing with that config command.In general terms are there any IOS devices where ip routing is enabled...

kphelps by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone,I'm trying to setup load balancing between two different ISP using IP SLA and PBR.  ISP1 is PPPoE (static addresses).ISP2 uses dhcp addresses.router 1841 (Version 12.4(25d))simple topology :ISP1                                         ...

Bacara.66 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, Could you please somebody help me with this? I`m wondering how to cofigure VLANs on router, I mean to associate VLANs with specific IP pool which the router is supposed to distribute, so that then I`ll be able only to assign VLAN number to th...

radim0754 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I need to transfer a config from a TFTP Server to a 4507 and a 6513. When I transfer the config to both those switches, does it require a reboot? Lastly, what is the command set to do so? Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card