Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everybodyI just want to confirm that originally 802.1q allows one stp instance. Does subsequent 802.1q standard allow multiple stp instance?thanks and have a great weekend.

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi...  first better appoligise for that pic above what im trying to do is get traffice from host-A to host-B via the distance simulator.So the nexus 5548, is the default gateway for the hosts, that reside in the same vlan, they can ping each other fi...

dave_ryan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We currently have two 7+ year old AdTran 3205 routers between two of our offices doing pure data point to point functions.  Our company has grown and we are running out of space on our subnets so we have decided to properly split up the network into ...

ADynes by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i want to know what is the differnet between IOS of the catalyset WS-C2960-48PST-S  and the IOS of catalyset WS-C2960-48PST-L.a want to upgrad the IOS of a WS-C2960-48PST-S with the IOS of  WS-C2960-48PST-L (because this réference hase a LANBAS...

HI I have a network with CISCO catalyst L3 switch and other L2 switches with 17 vlans configured as shown in the figureThe problem that is being faced is that  except vlan 2 no other vlan is able to access the external network. All other vlans cannot...

Hi all,I have a Cisco WS-C2950-48,  and I have incrementing throttles and ignored on  VLAN 1 interface.  Vlan 1 is a managament interface, some timewhen I try to Access I can't. 2950#show int vlan 1Vlan1 is up, line protocol is up  Internet address i...

Hi,There are some connection issue between the server and the switch port. I would like to know whether can investigate it from the switch port level. Apart from checking the interface status, can we enable the logging for a particular switch port? T...

Hi All,we have 2 SP with catos and 2 msfc with IOS, but I need to replace one of MSFC by memory problems. Do I need to upload IOS in MSFC? or only I need to boot MSFC in RMMON with the IOS in SP?Thanks in advance.

Hi,we currently use the ASA 5505 router. We would like to create another subnet inside our LAN because we are running out of IP addresses.current subnet info:subnet:10.1.1.Xsubmark: 255.255.255.0gateway: 10.1.1.251we want to make another subnet, whic...

sai cheng by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

1.I know,the port on which BPDU Filtering operates, it disables the incoming and outgoing of BPDU which prevents looping and hence provides security.2.However it also states if any of the portfast port (on which BPDU Filtering is already operating) r...

veddotcom by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,        Am facing a critical issue with 6509 core switch.The cpu utilization of teh switch is reached 99% often. Am checked the logs and reaveled thta debug commend is enabled automatically. after issuing the " U all " utilization reduced to n...