cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU usage on CBS220

epb
Level 1
Level 1

I have a dozen of these that I'm using as my OOB switches. A few of them have their CPUs pegged pretty constantly - often at 100% usage. My logs are set to debugging, but I'm not seeing anything interesting in them. Rebooting doesn't seem to help too much. I did have some switches that were completely unresponsive, even from the console that a reboot did help to at least get them accessible. I did some research and found that other Cisco small business switches have had similar issues and the recommendation has been to disable SNMP. Doing so does seem to help (gets the CPU down to closer to 40%), but I'd really like to be able to monitor these switches. Meanwhile, some of my other CBS220 switches which are being monitored via SNMP have a CPU utilization of about 10%. All have similar configs and have firmware version 2.0.2.8. Not sure what else I can really do here. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks for me bug, contact SMB TAC to investigate for you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Unfortunately, we didn't purchase a support contract with these switches and can't connect with TAC. That's why I was hoping to get some support here.

try downgrading 1 switch to 2.0.1.9 to check if this is OS related issue.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card