Views
Helpful
Replies

Host Flapping on Cisco 4507

oscar.garcia88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Recently we faced this flapping log on 4507 device, after that, we faced packet loss on different services on other devices around the network.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How many physical interfaces are part of Po 60 & Po 61?  Are there two physical ports? 

If there are two physical ports per EtherChannel, disable one physical port per Etherchannel.  Next, see if the "MAC flapping" has stopped or not. 

If it has stopped, this means someone has bundled the wrong ports around/the wrong way. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have a high-level network diagram of how these devices are connected, 

is these PO60 nd 61 going to the same switch on other ends?

@Leo Laohoo also suggested good one test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Unfortunately, I could not diasble one physical port of the etherchannel at this moment, because I could affect some services on the network.

Appreciate your comments.

Defututus
Level 1
Level 1

Just check all interfaces for physical layer errors, check the log of all devices if some convergence occurred. Implement storm control, check if the spanning-tree loopguard is enabled. Check spanning-tree rootbridges, enable the logging of the spanning-tree events. Make sure that udld is enabled on all fiber interfaces. Make sure that the spanning-tree rootguard is enabled where it should be. Check if the bpduguard is enabled. I can se some VMWare virtualization. Make sure that the BPDU filter is enabled on vSwitches (Net.BlockGuestBPDU) This should help you minimize the impact and to investigate it further if it appears again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card