cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I connect internet to a preconfigured PoE-8 Switch

Mbasto
Level 1
Level 1

Beginner question here. I have a switch that was preconfigured. Do I need to connect it to my router in order to get it on my Wi-Fi? I have other devices that will connect to the switch. I hope my question makes sense.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you need to connect your switch to router which have internet. if your router have built-in wifi feature, you can use that. or you need wifi access point connected to network to access via wifi. very basic connectivity as below.

ISP internet router ------------ Switch ------------ wifi access point

|                                                |                                       |

WIfi devices                           cable connected                wifi devices

devices

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

you need to connect your switch to router which have internet. if your router have built-in wifi feature, you can use that. or you need wifi access point connected to network to access via wifi. very basic connectivity as below.

ISP internet router ------------ Switch ------------ wifi access point

|                                                |                                       |

WIfi devices                           cable connected                wifi devices

devices

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card