cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I download an IOS file?

mikewsteele
Level 1
Level 1

I've been configuring routers and switches for at least 15 years and I've been using the Cisco web site that long too, but I'm not having any success today.

All I want to do is download an IOS for a 6509 switch and I need a specific level, but I can't seem to find it.

The download section asks me what features I want, etc., etc., but I can't seem to select the appropriate features so that it finds the file I need.

I need this file:  s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD6.bin

Can someone tell me how I can download that specific file from Cisco.com?

I've been bouncing around the Cisco web site for over 5 hours now and I'm not able to figure out how to get that file.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

From cisco.com, you click on support, click on "Download Software" and

naviagate from there.  However, I supsect your problem is that your login can't see

that area because you don't have a valid contract bound to your CCO ID.  If you don't have a valid contract associated to your login, you won't be able to download the related software.

I've had a CCO account for years but you may have a point about the contracts assigned to my CCO ID because I made the mistake of changing my employer on my profile this morning and that may have deleted all the contracts that were associated with my previous employer.

I can get to the software download area, but if I try to search for the specific file (s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD6.bin) it comes back with "not found".  If I go through the whole process of specifying the model and features it recommends s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD7b(ED).bin, but of course that isn't the file I'm looking for.

I'm thinking about trying to download something simple and more generic like a 2600 router IOS (c2600-i-mz.123-26.bin) to see if I run into the same roadblocks.

Why can't it just be easy?  I'd like to be able to just put in the IOS I want and then download it.  So far it looks like I have to come up with the magic formula for what features I want on this particular 6509 so that it recommends s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD6 instead of s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD7b(ED).

Thanks for replying.

Mike

UPDATE:

I was able to successfully download an IOS for a 2611 router, so I assume I still have access to the download section.  I just can't find the right path to the 6509 image I need. (s72033-psv-mz.122-18.SXD6.bin)

Hi Micheal,

Here is the path to get to the required image you need:

switches-----LAN switches core-----6500 series----select the type of chassis ----type of supervisor---image

Regards,

Swati

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card