cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do I set my cisco catalyst 3560 to use a static ip instead of an ip from our DHCP server?

dsymes001
Level 1
Level 1

How do I set my cisco catalyst 3560 to use a static ip instead of an ip from our DHCP server?    I want to monitor it with nagios and would like it to use an ip from our static range.  

18 Replies 18

Which switch is the PC your are pinging from connected to ?

Jon

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

#interface vlan [x]
#ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

Replace the [x] with the VLAN ID of your manangement Vlan and the IP address and Mask for the ones you want to use.

Thanks

This is a simple and good example of how to assign a static IP address to a switch vlan interface. But it does not address part of the original question which is how to change from DHCP assignment to static IP. There is probably some configuration on the switch vlan interface instructing the switch to use DHCP which should be removed. If the original poster would post the configuration of the switch vlan interface so that we can see what is there we could give better advice about whether something needs to be removed as well as adding the logic for the static IP address.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

My post was what is needed to change the management address of the switch from DHCP to Static.

The OP asked how to change the IP address of his/her switch from DHCP to Static and the commands I posted will achieve just that as long as the SVI is for their management VLAN.

Adding a static IP address to an SVI should overwrite any DHCP configuration surely?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card