cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you revert stacked 3850 switches from bundle mode to install mode?

wiesmike05001
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find the best way to remotely revert stacked 3850 switches from bundle mode to install mode. Everything I seem to find always shows or mentions just a single switch.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is the test i have done in lab :

BB-SW1#software install file flash:cat3k_caa-universalk9.SPA.03.07.02.E.152-3.E2.bin switch 1-2

Please note the switch 1-2 command at the end will install the image onto switch 1 and 2 in your stack, so if you are running a stack of 8 switches you need to enter switch 1-8

This step will unpack the .bin file and install the software, after the software has installed you will be promted to reboot, the switch will reload and you can then verify you are running the new IOS

3850-SW1#sh ver | i INSTALL

*    1 32    WS-C3850-24T       03.03.01SE        cat3k_caa-universalk9 INSTALL

2 32    WS-C3850-24T       03.03.01SE        cat3k_caa-universalk9 INSTALL

hope this helps you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There are several (confusing) methods of going from Bundle Mode to Install Mode and this will depend entirely on what is the current IOS-XE version.
For 3.X.X, the command is "software install" but for 16.X.X the command is "request platform".
Kindly read the Release Notes because it will provide the exact details for this process.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card