Views
Helpful
Replies

how I can do health check for switch?

mahmoudyosry92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to do health check for cisco switch 2950 and sg300 , how can i do that??

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/health-check-of-a-switch/td-p/869862

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

Hi,

To check the throughput of an interface use sh interface xx but not sure if there is a command that can give you the throughput for the whole switch. Usually, if your interfaces are not saturated, the whole system's throughput should be fine.

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mahmoudyosry92
Level 1
Level 1

also how to know the traffic utilization/throughput , cpu and ram utilization ??  

If you have NMS, you can see the info on the dashboard of the software, if not you would have to use commands like sh process cpu, sh log, sh interface, etc.. to get an idea.

HTH

hi,

thanks for the answer , is there any command to check the throughput of the whole switch or certain interface??

Hi,

To check the throughput of an interface use sh interface xx but not sure if there is a command that can give you the throughput for the whole switch. Usually, if your interfaces are not saturated, the whole system's throughput should be fine.

HTH

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/health-check-of-a-switch/td-p/869862

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thanks for this link , it's so helpful. 

is there any command to check the throughput of the whole switch or certain interface or it's impossible to know if I don't have NMS tool??

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card