cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many Port-channels are configurable on a 3750-x switch stack of 4 switches?

rodsculthorp66
Level 1
Level 1

I have found documentation stating that a single 3750-x switch will support a maximum of 48 port-channels, but I need to know if the 3750-x are placed in a stacked architecture, does this maximum number increase?

I have a situation that may end up having up to 8 3750-x switches in a stack and every workstation (possibly more than 100) will require a port-channel to bind the network ports.

I can not find any literature that fully defines the maximum limitations in the switch's stacking mode.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
does this maximum number increase?

Nope.  Still the same.

I have a situation that may end up having up to 8 3750-x switches in a stack and every workstation (possibly more than 100) will require a port-channel to bind the network ports.

Eight 3750X in a stack?  I'm surprised you haven't soiled your pants yet.  I wouldn't recommend anyone join 7 or MORE switches in a stack due to performance issues.

I think the actual deployed number is coming out to 6, but with this customer, you never can tell.  :)

I came in to this well after the architecture was planned and sold to the customer, now it is just a matter of making it work.

It should not be too bad, considering the stacks are backed by 10gb uplinks to the core and the port-channels are to bond the ports to the workstations, so at least we are not hanging more switching off of them.

Thanks for the info,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card