cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change interface level configuration on a stack member switch?

vishalsinha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 4 switches stacked. a port on the second switch has gone in err-disable mode and I wanna toggled that port. my understanding says that I can only do changes on the master. so I went to fa 2/0/2 port on master and shut that down. but when i went into the 2nd switch (session 2) and saw sh run int fa 2/0/2. it was not in admin down state.

then I tried changing the vlan on the same interface on the master switch and it appeared changed on the master but the change doesn't appear on the stacked member switch 2.

need your hellp.

thanks

Vishal

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Are you sure you are not logging to the wrong switch?  Maybe you session to switch 2, but physically that is switch 3.

When you login to any of the member switches, the running config should look as you are viewing the master switch running config.

HTH

Hi Reza, thanks for the reply.

I am sure that I am on the right switch. I struggled with it a lot yesterday.  I was shutting down the prot fa 2/0/2 on the paster and was checking on the 2nd member switch for the same port but it was still showing that port as DOWN and ERR-DISABLED.

At last I changed the port of the user and left fa2/0/2 as shut on the master because i read that the config of member switches sync with the master after certain intervells. Today when i saw port fa 2/0/2 on the member switch, it was DOWN and DOWN, though the master was showing the same port is ADMIN DOWN.

Help appreciated.

thanks

hello

Can you post the running config of this switch stack.

Sh run
Sh switch

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

im confused - what model switches are these? i have a few 3750x stacks that just act as one switch with three "blades"...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco