cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure sw1 and sw2 with different yellow alarm threshold, they are stack together

anitaleung2019
Level 1
Level 1

Hi cisco Expert,

there are two cisco 3850X are stacked together. I would like to set the different temperature threshold of yellow alarm. Account to cisco portal, there is one global command to adjust the temperature as below:

!

system env temperature threshold yellow 18

!

how to config the yellow alarm is 26 degree Celsius in sw1, yellow alarm is 28 degree Celsius in sw2.

Thanks

Anita

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Anita,

my  experience is that I can SSH to the master switch, but then to be able to access a member switch the telnet protocol has to be allowed inbound on all vtys or I get a connection refused.

So my understanding is that the session switch x is actually a telnet session from master switch to member switch.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

can you enter that same global command after accessing the CLI of the individual stack member. e.g.:

StackMaster#session switch 1

This should get you to the CLI of member 1. From there, you should be able to enter global configuration mode and issue the command:

system env temperature threshold yellow 26

Hi,

I ssh to cisco 3850, I find that the "session" command is invalid. is it related to the IOS version?

Thanks

Anita

Which IOS version are you running ?

What is the output of 'show switch' ?

Hello Anita,

if you have under line vty 0 15

transport input ssh

You will not be able to connect to  member switch.

I have discovered that the session command uses only  telnet protocol.

To be able to access a member switch I had to do the following

line vty 0 15

transport input ssh telnet

This way I was able to connect to a member switch in a C3850 stack.

However, I am afraid it is not possible to configure different thresholds on different members.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear Giuseppe,

does it means that I need to use telnet service for accessing cisco 3850x switch?

Thanks

Anita

Hello Anita,

my  experience is that I can SSH to the master switch, but then to be able to access a member switch the telnet protocol has to be allowed inbound on all vtys or I get a connection refused.

So my understanding is that the session switch x is actually a telnet session from master switch to member switch.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: