cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure sw1 and sw2 with different yellow alarm threshold, they are stack together

anitaleung2019
Level 1
Level 1

Hi cisco Expert,

there are two cisco 3850X are stacked together. I would like to set the different temperature threshold of yellow alarm. Account to cisco portal, there is one global command to adjust the temperature as below:

!

system env temperature threshold yellow 18

!

how to config the yellow alarm is 26 degree Celsius in sw1, yellow alarm is 28 degree Celsius in sw2.

Thanks

Anita

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Anita,

my  experience is that I can SSH to the master switch, but then to be able to access a member switch the telnet protocol has to be allowed inbound on all vtys or I get a connection refused.

So my understanding is that the session switch x is actually a telnet session from master switch to member switch.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

can you enter that same global command after accessing the CLI of the individual stack member. e.g.:

StackMaster#session switch 1

This should get you to the CLI of member 1. From there, you should be able to enter global configuration mode and issue the command:

system env temperature threshold yellow 26

Hi,

I ssh to cisco 3850, I find that the "session" command is invalid. is it related to the IOS version?

Thanks

Anita

Which IOS version are you running ?

What is the output of 'show switch' ?

Hello Anita,

if you have under line vty 0 15

transport input ssh

You will not be able to connect to  member switch.

I have discovered that the session command uses only  telnet protocol.

To be able to access a member switch I had to do the following

line vty 0 15

transport input ssh telnet

This way I was able to connect to a member switch in a C3850 stack.

However, I am afraid it is not possible to configure different thresholds on different members.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear Giuseppe,

does it means that I need to use telnet service for accessing cisco 3850x switch?

Thanks

Anita

Hello Anita,

my  experience is that I can SSH to the master switch, but then to be able to access a member switch the telnet protocol has to be allowed inbound on all vtys or I get a connection refused.

So my understanding is that the session switch x is actually a telnet session from master switch to member switch.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card