cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect four new Cisco SG 350 28P PoE switches?

DavidTesch7238
Level 1
Level 1

We just purchased four new Cisco SG 350 28P PoE switches.  Now, I need to figure out how to connect them to our network.  What is the best way to connect them for redundancy?  Do I connect each one to the core switch?  Do I try stacking them (with Ethernet cables- no stacking cables)?  Or, do I connect each one to the router?  As you can probably guess, I'm kind of new at this.  Your help is truly appreciated!

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If all the switches in one Location, stacking is good option

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350x-series-stackable-managed-switches/smb5408-configure-stack-settings-on-an-sg350x-switch.html

Connecting to CORE with Dual link with Port-channel will be suggested.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

But author don't have SG350 X he have just 350 which doesn't have option to stack them

i do not have SG350, But as per adming guide they do have stack support ~(until document misguding me here)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/350xg/admin_guide/AG_Tesla_350_550.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

But this document on first page saying for which switches it is, and it is for: Cisco Sx350, SG350X, SG350XG, Sx550X & SG550XG, so there is no SG350.
Also in this document on 82nd and 83rd page you have list with these series and switches that you can stack have "stackable" in the name. SG350 don't have it.

Yes, that's what I have found, as well.  So, how should I connect these switches on my network?  Is daisy-chaining better than connecting each one directly to the router?

It depend on size of your network. If you have possibility to connect all switches directly to router (because you don't have core/distribution switch) I would go for that instead of daisy-chaining because its more fault tolerant if one switch die at the beginning of the chain from router all switches will loose access to network. Also you still can connect switches between each other to prevent router from doing layer 2 switching.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card