cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect two hosts with the same IPs ?!

osama1988
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have couple of Nodes with the same IP addresses , unfortunatley they're fixed and can't be changed at all !!, I'm gonna connect them via my Network to be accessed remotly, how can I make it ?

kindly refer to the below diagram:

Drawing3.jpg

Thank you all.

4 Replies 4

justinmitchell
Level 4
Level 4

You will have to put a NAT device in front of at least one of the devices so it has a different IP address.

Thanks for your response , what do you think about Sub-interfaces at the Router and VLANS at the switch to seperate these hosts ? & then to make NATing some how.

That will not work either. Unless you have the ability to take one of the devices offline at a time, they will not be able to communicate on the network at the same time. The MAC address in the ARP table will constantly change depending on which device communicated with the router last.

mmm, then I think my turnaround solution is gonna work in this case; Actually I have Console Server connects Serial ports and gives each one of them Virtual IP, I can use Ethernet to Serial converter for these hosts, then to connect them to my Console server !, it's kinda complex but seems have no choice !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card