cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to continue using CISCO877-K9 when DSL upgraded to U-Verse...

bbiales00
Level 1
Level 1

I am a routing hack, not professionally trained in Cisco terminology, so bear with me.

I currently have the Cisco 877-K9, full details at the bottom of this post (and current config attached)  It supports DSL directly, and we have a lot of things configured to go through dialer1 interface, including NATs and including a site-to-site crypto-map.

Next week we plan to upgrade to U-Verse from ATT, a VHDSL service, not supported directly by this 877 model.  But ATT will install a Modem/router, comes with the package, but I don't know many details about it.  I would like to simply make this new router simply push all traffic to the CISCO 877 that comes in from the outside, make the 877 direct all traffic to this new router rather than through its current ATM/Dialer1 interface...

Perhaps I can have that new router simply forward all traffic to my CISCO 877, perhaps thorugh one of the FastEthernet interfaces not currently in use.  Then I could, conceptually, setup the default route of the 877 to go to the new router through the FastEthernet interface, rather than Dialer1 as it is setup today.  So the rest of my network continues to use the 877, and the 877 would now use this new router as its next hop and for "outside" access, including NAT's and the cypto-map...

I am unclear then how I would change things such that the  "ip nat outside" would be linked to the FastEthernet interface the other router is plugged into, and the crypto-map would also be reconfigured to be linked to this same FastEthernet interface...

Is this even possible? 

Here are some details about my router, if that would help...  And I've attached a copy of our configuration with passwords and ip addresses mangled a bit. 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2009 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Thu 26-Feb-09 07:56 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(8r)YI4, RELEASE SOFTWARE

#sh diag

C877 Mainboard

Motherboard is analyzed

Motherboard insertion time unknown

EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:

Chassis MAC Address      : <>

MAC Address block size   : 10

PCB Serial Number        : <>

Hardware Revision        : 3.0

Part Number              : 74-3501-05