Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a question about OSPF, default route distribution and the network statements.This is an exercises from my CCNA class, see attach for the setup.Between ISP and Router A1 we have to use a static route, default route => ISP.Network A1 - A2 - A...

matt_ccna by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have got a new project from my line manager for VTP mode:What my manager wants is to deply the VTP mode on number of Lan switches .Can some one please tell me what information i required for the VTP mode and any book or link that focus on VTP pr...

rajput001 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Currently, I have this design:The DC and the Corporate Office have a dedicated Optiman Circuit, and they are also connected via MPLS.  Both locations have also Internet connection with ASA FirewallsHQ and DC are  also connected to one small branche v...

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I m planning to implement VSS in core but want some inputs on IOS as i have FWSM as a service moduleCore :-Ii am running 12.2(33)SXH2a on my Core 6509  and i checkd cisco sites and Fwsm release notes but it states only  I-Train of IOS while ...

Dear Friends,I have cisco 2960 switch, i erased the flash c2960-lanbasek9-mz.150-1.SE.bin  and i updated c2960-lanbasek9-mz.150-1.SE.tarvia tftp server and every thing was done sucessfully, when i reload the switch in hypertrm is showing switch: ther...

Is there a cisco remmendation/best practice on how often switches should be rebooted ? I have some switches in my network that have been up for more than 5 years. Should they be rebooted for performance or some other reasons ?

jperrin by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I noticed one of two links (Te11/7) in a port-channel went down and upon issuing a show interface transceiver detail I see the following below. Would that indicate an issue with the transceiver itself or maybe just a cable? Unfortunately the data cen...

Hi everybodyR1===ipsec tunnel=====R3 when i issue the ping at R1,  and use wireshark to see how the encrypted ping might look like, I was not able to see any encrypted ping packet, all i see ESP .  Is it because wireshark not able to show it?  Please...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody Please consider the following:R1---gre-tunnel----R2R1's routing table:S    12.0.0.0/8 is directly connected, Tunnel0S    13.0.0.0/8 is directly connected, Tunnel0The goal is to stop any packet destined at 12.12.12.2 from going through tu...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a very merry ChristmasI have a new 877 that I am using for internet traffic for 3-4 internet only devices.I also have a clean network that i want to insure no cross contamination. However I plan on rollin...