Views
Helpful
Replies

How to convert configuration from CatOS to IOS

TEOH SU KEONG
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having some difficulties to migrate CatOS switch to IOS switch. Is there any tools or software to convert the configuration from CatOS to IOS? Please provide me the download links if available. Thanks

7 Replies 7

Switch model please?

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

WS-C6506

I have attahced the file which guides how to covert it.

Please follow the same.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008070f124.shtml#Download

Please do not forget to rate the helpful posts.

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

I think if I read the question, you are asking about converting the configuration and not the software image.  I had 14 Cisco 6500 deivces that I converted from CATOS to IOS.  I did not use a tool.  I took the CATOS configuration, looked at it and configured the IOS device from scratch.  Remember that you are already running IOS on RP, so you have that part of the configuration already.  Configuring layer two ports, spanning-tree, and other layer two stuff can go pretty fast.  Not sure if this is a help, but is the path that I took and it worked well for me. 

Yes, I am looking for any software that can convert the configuration of catos that uses "set" to the normal ios ways of configuration. I found that cisco edi can do that but I cannot found any links to download it anymore. Worst case, I have to use the manual ways of converting it from scratch too. Thanks for the info.

Hi,

You can use the config conversion tool, download it with this link:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=277250371&release=0.12&relind=AVAILABLE&softwareid=283768640&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Kind Regards,
Ivan Shirshin

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

ankitgupta27
Level 1
Level 1

Did you found any conversion tool or software? I am facing similar issue. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card