Views
Helpful
Replies

How to determine Processor for Switch 3560

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing Bus error crash on my 3560 switch. i am going through Cisco site over there i have to look for type of processor installed on Switch3560. I am unable to find the same.

sh ver from my switch gives output

"cisco WS-C3560G-24TS (PowerPC405) processor (revision C0) with 131072K bytes of memory."

please help

regards

Neo

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am facing Bus error crash on my 3560 switch. i am going through Cisco site over there i have to look for type of processor installed on Switch3560. I am unable to find the same.

sh ver from my switch gives output

"cisco WS-C3560G-24TS (PowerPC405) processor (revision C0) with 131072K bytes of memory."

please help

regards

Neo

Hi Neo,

Cisco Routers uses one of the two  processors that Cisco uses are the Motorola 68030 and the Orion/R4600.Processor Board id  is the hex-encoded id of the processor                 board. This number, which is NOT identical to the serial number                 of the router, is printed on a label on the mainboard and should                 look like JAB0123A4B5 (most of them start with JA or FO).so you can ask for change of processor board id if you suspect problem with processor board.

check out the below link hope that help !!

http://www.bitshift.ch/eng/support/kbase/000001.asp#apbi

Ganesh.H

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card