Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Determine Sup720 RP/SP Flash/DRAM Sizes

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

Hello -

I have a 6509E chassis with redundant Sup720's that were purchased at different times, and as such, have different sizes of SP/RP DRAM and flash.

I would like to understand the proper way to verify current

Determining SP DRAM:

1. Execute 'show version' from privileged exec

2. Note the size of listed memory

2a. In my case, the listed size was '458720K/65536K bytes of memory'. By adding these two numbers together and dividing by 1024, I can come to the           conclusion that I have 512MB of SP DRAM on my Sup720.

Determining SP BootDisk:

1. Execute "dir sup-bootdisk:"    

2. Note the size of the listed memory

2a. In my case, the listed size was '512106496 bytes total'. By dividing by 1024, I can come to the conslusion that I have 512MB of SP Flash.

What I am unclear on is how to check my RP DRAM and Flash. Does anyone have any pointers on this? Also, what is the difference between sup-bootdisk and sup-bootflash?

Thanks!

Darren

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Route processor DRAM is either 512 MB or 1 GB, varying according to the type of Sup 720 you have (show module). See table 2-14 here.

Also shown in that table is that RP bootflash is 64 MB for all Supervisor 720 models.

You may also find this link useful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/qa_c67_457347.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card