Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI'm doing a project for 1st year university studies and would appreciate some input. I have to design a hypothetical network for a business running 300 PCs, the business is spread across 2 buildings both of 3 stories (levels). My hypothetical desig...

keltoiboy by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,We are planing replace 6509 to 4900M+Nexus5548 due to A/C and Power issue. We have two 6509s and plan to use  two 4900M (20xRJ45 and 8x10G modules) + two Nexus5548 to replace it. (4900M Layer 3 and do HSRP,  5548 for 1G and 10G layer 2 connect...

Hello All I have loaded new image on 4506 cisco switch which currently is running on cat4500-ipbase-mz.122-31.SGA.bin.. New image will be cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-54.SG1.binOn boot flash I can see both images ebrswc01#sh bootflash-#- ED ----type---- -...

Hello,I have a cisco 7304, it looks like that only can work with 2bytes ASN. I looked for newest software to update it as far as it is possible, and it didn't work.I need to use 4bytes ASN. How can I get it? Anyone knows any configuration that allows...

Hi We work with two Cisco Nexus 5548 with ACLs configured on VLANs.Software Version is: 5.1(3)N2(1)The ACLs are working fine. But our problem is, that in the logs on the switch, on Server or console/monitor does not appear.when i configure things lik...

Hi,I have attached my topology for practicing STP. The issue that i encountered is with switch3. Switch3 is connected to Switch2 via Fa0/3 port (Path cost =19). Switch 2 is connected to Switch1(Root switch) via Fa0/1 (Path cost=19).As per STP the roo...

Hi,Catalayst 4506-E with Sup6-LE is not identifying ZX SFP GBIC.cat4500e-lanbasek9-mz.122-53.SG5.bin is the image used.  On the twingig converterthe ZX SFP GBIC is identified as either SX GBIC or LX GBIC.How to resolve this problem.Thank you.Regards

vu2jjq by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an issue trying to capture IGMP reports from a client. I can see the IGMP queries and multicast towards the client. The client is also sending out multicast which I can see, but IGMP reports from the client are not showing up.Cisco 3560G versi...

jussivee by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to configure a switchport to trunk "normal" VLANs along with just a secondary VLAN out of a Private VLAN (no primary)?Something like this: vlan 20 private-vlan primary exitvlan 501 private vlan isolated exitvlan 1000 ! Normal VLAN exi...

I am having an issue stacking an existing 3750e POE switch with a 3750x stack, the POE switch keeps coming up with version mismatch.GFM-STACK#sh switchSwitch/Stack Mac Address : a493.4cf7.4080                                           H/W   CurrentSw...

faze1sari by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes