cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get routing information to various routers without using any routing protocols ?

kishore
Level 1
Level 1

Here in the diagram below i should be able to do all communication from PC1 to the webserver using only NAT/PAT Concepts, but without using any of the routing protocols.

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Perhaps if you try first and then if you have problems we can help you but we are not here to do your homework for you.

Jon

i tried but couldn't get the output. using nat i was able to reach till the router only and not the web server.

Kevin Rivest
Level 1
Level 1

Add the following to your LAN router:

interface g0/0
ip nat outside
!
interface g0/1
ip nat inide
!
ip nat inside source list 1 interface g0/0 overload
!
ip access-list standard 1
permit 192.168.56.0 0.0.0.255
!
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 g0/0 192.168.50.X

The X in the last octet of the next hop IP address of the static route should be the last octet of the IP address on your ISP router's interface to your LAN router. This will allow your web server to reach PC1 as the ISP router believes it is directly connected due to the PAT on the LAN router. The static route will allow PC1 to reach the web server.

You can test this by sending a PING to the web server IP address from PC1.

If you do not want to use the static route on the LAN router you could add a static NAT translation to your ISP router using an unused IP address on the subnet connecting your LAN and ISP router. On your ISP router for example:

ip nat inside source static 192.168.51.X 192.168.50.X

The 192.168.51.X address should be the address of your web server and the 192.168.50.X address should be any unused IP address on the subnet connecting your LAN and ISP router. In this case the web server can reach PC1 for the same reason as the first example, and PC1 can reach the web server because the LAN router believes it is directly connected due to the NAT on the ISP router.

You can test this by sending a PING to 192.168.50.X from PC1.

Hopefully this meets your requirements.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card