cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make work Cisco and Teldat router for have some as HSRP?

jfranco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

I am writing you because i have a pre-sales problem to solve, we have one network in our customer site, where he receives two different ISP (in the remote Site), each ISP link has a router, one Cisco and other Teldat, client can not and do not want to change for same technology (Cisco-Cisco or Teldat-Teldat), they want both routers has interactions and functionality.

Each ISP has a 2Mb link and we have full connection on the LAN for apply some similar to HSRP to create a backup link if Main link goes down.

Could you please light my road on this situation?

Thanks in advance!

Jose Luis Franco

jlfranco1@hotmail.com

Problematica Resp.png

4 Replies 4

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

HSRP (Hot Standby Router Protocol) is a Cisco proprietary redundancy protocol for establishing a fault-tolerant default gateway
So in your case you can not implement HSRP between different vendors.

You can try VRRP (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol) it is an open standards-based protocol

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Dear Latchum,

Thanks for your kind question, and it is true, VRRP is the solution to solve this. If you have some configs type, i would really appreciate.

thanks for your kind answer!

Hi Jose,

Please follow the link below, it is very ease to follow step by step method shown.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0st/12_0st18/feature/guide/st_vrrpx.html

thanks

Rizwan Rafeek

Dear Rzwan,

thanks for your valuable information, now i am reading it, customer now has HSRP and Teldat says we can configure TVRP (similar to the Cisco HSRP), no other way to know compatibility than to do a test now on a lab.

Thank you very much for your kind answer.

Jose Luis Franco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card