Views
Helpful
Replies

how to overcome default router

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am testing to overcome default route from other routers. the route protocol eigrp.

can i do:

router eigrp 1

no default-information in

if so, does it mean my default route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 can sent out, but other routers default routes i will not receive?

Any comments will be appreciated

thanks in advance

julxu

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That is my impression.

View solution in original post

I don't see why not as long as it gets into EIGRP somehow.

When you redistribute it from BGP into EIGRP why not make it a more attractive metric than the one you are currently learning from the other EIGRP routers?

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That is my impression.

my internal default route is from BGP, redistributed to eigrp. it is not a static command from ip route.

it is still ok?

I don't see why not as long as it gets into EIGRP somehow.

When you redistribute it from BGP into EIGRP why not make it a more attractive metric than the one you are currently learning from the other EIGRP routers?

this is our backup link, and need temporary use for this equipment only.

thanks for the advice

julxu

If it is only temporary I would just put in a static route and remove it when done.

I have redistribute static on eigrp 1, the static route is more high than eigrp one, than the route will go to other routers. am I right?

if use static, properly I need figure out what metrax I can set which only affect this equipment, not other routers? can I do that? if so, how to?

Are you re-distributing all static routes, or do you have a prefix filter controlling it?  Could you post your EIGRP configuration?

re-distributing all, no prefix.

you mean I should use static router and do prefix filter? is it better than default-information  in eigrp?

I would use a static route and a prefix filter to prevent that static route from being redistributed, since this is only temporary, and you only want the routing policy to be different on this one device.

Yes you could use a deny and then add a permit afterwards to allow everything else to be re-distributed.

route-map static-to-eigrp DENY 10
match ip address prefix-list static-to-eigr
route-map static-to-eigrp permit 20

Philip

thanks for the advice, configuration is working fine. tried make correct answer to the static route methord, but, this system only alow two clicks.

Many Thanks

julxu

This is a common approach I use.

ip prefix-list static-to-eigrp seq 5 permit ...
ip prefix-list static-to-eigrp seq 10 permit ...

route-map static-to-eigrp permit 10
  match ip address prefix-list static-to-eigrp

router eigrp 1 redistribute static route-map static-to-eigrp

thanks, I have a lot of static, so, I should be able to do as:

ip prefix-list static-to-eigrp  seq 5 permit 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

and

route-map static-to-eigrp DENY 10

match ip address prefix-list static-to-eigrp

am I right?

for this configuration do I need clear ip eigrp 1 neighour?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card